RIH Orthopaedic Foundation Test Facility
For medical device companies in need of engineering assistance with regard to device failure analysis, research and development or regulatory processes, the RIH Orthopaedic Foundation Test Facility provides unique solutions to problems encountered in the field of Orthopaedics.
The RIH Orthopaedic Foundation Test Facility works in close conjunction with the Bioengineering Laboratory at Brown Medical School. Created in 1998, this facility provides a resource for the Department of Orthopaedics and for private industry. Our primary services include the testing of orthopaedic products, sports protective equipment for commercial clients and the coordination of bioskills / sales labs.
Meet Our Team
Do you want a clinician to try out your product in our cadaver lab? Whether you are seeking surgeon feedback, voice of the customer (VOC), or just want to perform simulated use testing, we offer access to clinical staff. These clinicians have operative privileges at Rhode Island Hospital or other local hospitals. All orthopedic clinicians are either board-eligible or board-certified. Specific areas of expertise include:
- Brad Blankenhorn, M.D. – Foot and Ankle / Trauma
- Christopher Born, M.D. – Trauma
- Eric Cohen, M.D. – Hip and Knee
- Alan H. Daniels, M.D. – Spine Surgery / Orthopedics
- Craig P. Eberson, M.D. – Pediatrics
- Paul Fadale, M.D. – Sports medicine
- Andrew Green, M.D. – Shoulder and elbow
- Christopher Got, M.D. – Trauma / Hand, Upper Extremity
- Michael J. Hulstyn, M.D. – Sports medicine
- Brett Owens, M.D. – Sports Medicine / Shoulder / Knee
- Mark Palumbo, M.D. – Spine
- Jonathan Schiller, M.D. – Pediatrics and hip arthroscopy
- Ramin Tabaddor, M.D. – Sports Medicine
- Arnold-Peter C. Weiss, M.D. – Hand
Our Quality Assurance Program
The backbone of our laboratory is our Quality Assurance Program. It is through this commitment to quality that we have achieved accreditation from the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). As such, our QA program meets the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, “General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories.” While we perform many more tests beyond the scope of this A2LA accreditation, you should always be confident in our ability to utilize a scientifically-rigorous methodology to provide you with accurate and repeatable data. For additional insight into our QA program, please contact us to request a copy of our QA Manual. View our A2LA certificate by clicking here.